- Heidi Thumlert, Founder, THUMS UP and SWING SET CONCERT SERIES
Stockton, CA: "Terrific!... high energy and GREAT musician ship!
It's wonderful, capturing your live show and all your energy."
- Congresswoman Diana DeGette: "This recognition [Best of Denver]
is well-deserved... My kids agree!"
- Janine Gasteneau:"I had to call you: I have three kids and
dancing uncontrollably to your new CD!"
- School Library Journal:"...a lively, world beat feel. [LaFond]
familiar messages, such as self-esteem
and brotherhood/sisterhood, and gives them a fresh sound. The recording
opens with the lively Music Makes Me Feel Better,' a soulful
celebration of music... 'Dishpan Jam' is a percussive, upbeat song
that's perfect for an all-family after-meal cleanup job... LaFond's
strong, original writing features fascinating shifts in harmony
and melody with some unusual time changes. Outstanding guest vocalists
and musicians make a wonderful recording even better."
- Boulder Magazine:"... One might argue that [LaFond] the pioneering
children's music performer is also a state
of mind -- an exuberant, invigorating and creative musical state
of mind that blends world beat musicianship with uplifting universal
messages... LaFond and the Rockadiles have won serveral prestigious
awards for their infectious, sometimes multilingual mixture of upbeat lyrics and
no-boundaries musicianship... [This is] ageless music."
- Boulder Planet:"Unfortunately, children's music like much
television, seems to have been made by adults who've never encountered
a real child... What we have in spades: child-marketed entertainment
that is either dumbed-down treacle or cynical noise overload.
Gifted singer/songwriter is a rare and notable exception. LaFond
aims upward at kid's taste... layers of rhythms and harmonies,
dense instrumentation and a strong dose of fun [make this] the
best musical act for kids anywhere in these United States!"
- Boulder County Parent: "an incredible vocal rythm experience...
written, arranged, and produced by LaFond... her joy is evident throughout
the recording. This incredible vocal and rhythm experiences is... quite simply great."
- The Daily Camera:"The lavish use of upbeat, sometimes multilingual
and musicianship without boundaries creates
an exuberant, invigorated and creative atmosphere."